Tuesday, October 5, 2010

On my way to rest...........................

After getting my CPAP unit last week I had 3 good nights' sleep in a row. Then I ran into not good sleep. I was looking forward to the weekend where I could sleep without having to get up at a certain time (someday that alarm clock is going to be in the next county the way I hit the snooze button!). As it turns out I slept horribly. The mask felt way too big. I felt like it was trying to enter my head via my face. I finally just slept with it when I could and the rest of the time I removed it.

After talking with one of the sweet gals from the Sleep Source yesterday they gave me some pointers on a few things. I tried utilizing those last night. The changes along with my trusty Ambien (and my door closed) proved to be magical. I slept very well. Sunday night I slept without the CPAP at all and I paid for it Monday. Between my extremely sore throat (which was not helped since my mouth gaped wide open all night long) and I woke up so tired. I longed for a nap. Imagine my thoughts when Joe texted me to tell me he was getting ready to take a nap. UGH! I know, I know. He is retired and he can do that. He lets me know because otherwise if I can't get ahold of him while he is napping and I don't know that he is napping I get worried. He didn't sleep well the night before either. But I trudged on and made it until the magical hour of 3:30 when I clock out. By then I was feeling better. It's that midday hump that is so hard on me. But today I didn't have anything like that. At least for now I haven't. I am realizing just how much sleep and rest I have been deprived of for so many years now after using the CPAP only a few times. For that I am grateful.

I have rearranged my bedroom in order to accommodate a love seat. Joe got one free this past summer when he was looking for furniture for his brother Bill. This nice man just gave it to him! We are going to put it in my room which will be nice on those days that I just need some time for ME! Plus my girls can get up there with me and even sleep there if they want. I hated keeping my door shut last night since that means my girls can't sleep with me but it was important for me to get good quality sleep. Once I get things adjusted again hopefully I will be able to sleep with the door open. I don't like to shut it at night.

I will keep you guys posted on how things are going. Right now I am feeling grateful. I am a lucky girl and I need to keep reminding myself that.


Hula Girl at Heart said...

Hang in there! Everyone I know who has used one of those machines had an adjustment period to work through. Just think of how good you're going to feel when you get it worked out. Try not to fling that clock toward southern McCracken County.

Scott W said...

Try eating only protein and vegetables for lunch. The body turns its energy to digesting those carbs and the result is mid-day super sleepiness.

Katherine Josh said...

Loquat is for cough and lung in Chinese medicine. Sometimes i would take the Ninjiom Pei Pa Koa which is an extract of loquat when got sore throat.

You can access info online @

Syd said...

Glad the machine is working. It sounds like it would be uncomfortable though.